Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting started with photography

Last week, Bella broke by awesome pink camera. I was so sad. I took a trip to the PX to buy a new one Sunday. I knew I wanted either a Nikon or a Cannon. The selection was not that great but I decided on the Nikon D3000. Jason has Nikons so I knew we would be able to share lenses and stuff. Seemed like a good idea.

So, I get home and start playing with the camera and start looking stuff up online. Holy COW! There is so much to learn about photography beyond just "point and click". I am waiting for the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson so I can learn about things like ISO, shutter speed, and aperture.

Last night, I took th
e camera and just played with it. Here are some pics of what I got.


I am hoping to be able to play some more today. Heidi and I are taking a class on post with the art center at the end of the month. I am excited to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment